Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sighting!

Woody and I both woke up very early this morning...I had only had about two hours of sleep...but just couldn't get back to sleep so got up and headed into the sewing room. Woody went downstairs and read. After the sun came up we both went for a walk and ended up at a little pond that is off the road that we walked. There is a bench next to the pond so we sat down to see what we might spot. Woody had seen something up on this dead branch and so I focused on it to try to see what Woody saw and lo and behold this fella landed right where I had my camera focused! It's not often that we see a pileated woodpecker...and even more often than not that if I had seen one I wouldn't have been able to get my camera focused on it in time. It's not the all time best picture, but you can identify him from it! Right after I snapped the one picture, he flew off so I only got one chance to capture him. I'm so glad that I had already focused my camera! It was pretty bright behind him so I am lucky that he isn't just a silhouette. I got pictures of several other birds and butterflies that will probably become blog photos sometime down the road. Good bird photo walk today.

This was the first time that I had walked with Woody in a while due to having had a hurt foot and also due to the fact that it has just been waaaaaay too hot...this morning was pleasant, but by the time we headed home it was getting pretty hot and muggy. I sewed a little more, then read, and then took a short nap trying to make up for a short night sleep. Today has seemed like Saturday all day to me. I don't know why. Woody finished a book, mowed our front yard, ran an errand, watched some TV, and has now walked to the church for his time in the prayer room.

No comments:

Post a Comment