Monday, January 16, 2012

Angry Bird!

I had tonight's blog titled "Uncle" but then looked at this picture and thought about the game that my grandchildren seem to like called "Angry Bird" so decided that it went better with tonight's picture and also one of the subjects for tonight's blog.

I am the "angry bird" and this morning I finally cried "Uncle!" and threw in the towel and called in my prescription that so far the insurance company is still denying. I hadn't had any of my NSAID/anti-inflammatory drug since last Tuesday. I had been able to thus far cope with the arthritis pain, but when in the night I started getting some of the symptoms of my Transverse Myelitis I decided that it wasn't worth risking its return! I did talk with my primary care physician's office today and they said that they are working on it and that they had turned in the information to the insurance company and that it takes a while for insurance to make a decision and get back to them. They did have some free samples, but it meant a 45min-1hr drive to go get them and Woody didn't really feel like that drive today (more about that in a minute). I did call my neurologist here in town to see if they perhaps had some free samples, but they did not. So then I bit the bullet and called the pharmacy and asked them to fill the prescription and that we would be paying for them this month. Woody walked to the pharmacy this afternoon and picked up my one month supply and picked up his prescription for a three month supply...his cost less than $15 and mine...well...I think that I am getting the picture as to why the insurance company doesn't want to foot the bill...yikes...it had best make me feel better! We shall continue to work to get mine covered...that's a guarantee! I had kept one of my pills in reserve for an emergency and decided in the middle of the night that it was time to take it. So I just took my second of the day so guess that pain relief is getting back into my system...

Now, on to Woody...he told me after he got home from church last night that he thought that he had a kidney stone once again. So he hasn't felt the best today. He did decide to take the "short" walk to the pharmacy this afternoon. He thought that would make him feel better. He is currently at Monday Night Prayer meeting at church.

We took care of the five oldest next door for a short time this afternoon, while Isaac went for a weight check. This morning we spent a short time next door as dear friends stopped in to meet Isaac and we went over to see them. I did abbreviated school time with Elijah and Esther and then Joy had her x-stitching lesson and Graham had his sewing lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment