Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One Week Old

I took this picture not long after 12:30pm today so Isaac really is officially one week old! All in his family seem to be doing well. We tried to get back on a school schedule this morning. Elijah and Esther had their turns and then we had art with the four oldest and then Abigail had a sewing lesson. I went over to their house after lunch so I could have a one-week photo session! Elijah was really wanting to watch a DVD and he had to wait till after his older siblings finished their school work. In the end he came over to our house and watched it with Goosey. I started undecorating. I'm going at it very slowly...taking out a box and heading for the item that belongs in that box. I will be at it a while, but at least it is started. Elijah decided to have his rest over at our house so I read him a couple of stories and he snuggled down under a soft fleece throw (a substitute for his own blankie that he seems to have accepted when he is over here). I went back next door to take a few more pictures of Isaac in a new outfit that he had gotten in the mail from my sister. Woody still isn't feeling the greatest...still in pain...so he has sort of taken it easy today. He did go to the prayer room this evening, but he did drive instead of walking. He has watched a DVD this evening. I stewed a couple of chickens this evening and now have more liquid gold simmering on the stove top. Around six I sort of played out and had to lie down...while the chickens cooled enough to debone. Then it seemed like it took forever to debone them. But that job is behind me...not my favorite cooking job! I guess my medication is kicking back in, but I still know that I hadn't had it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment