Sunday, January 1, 2012

Beginnings

Just as a sunrise begins a new day, January 1 begins a new year...2012 (first time that I have written it...at least I remembered!). New days and new years make us wonder what will be in store for us...time will tell!

It has been a very mild day today with just a bit of rain...Weather Bug says that we started the year out with around an inch of rain...I hadn't realized that it rained that much. Woody headed out on his walk fairly early since the temperature was so mild. He said that it was around 60F even at that hour. When we headed out for church, it actually had a feeling of humidity in the air (rather a Spring-like feeling in the air). We both taught our Sunday School classes and then went to the church service. We came home and had a rather lazy afternoon. Abigail came over and she and I spent it in the sewing room. She helped me put machine embroidery thread away. Joy and Esther also spent some time over here. Graham started out 2012 with a bang...I mean a fall...from pretty high up in a magnolia tree and got a few scrapes and bruises as he crashed through the branches along with a cut on the back of his head. He came over here for a while after his fall. We ate supper over at Nathan and Kathy's. I came home to continue sorting pictures. Just before signing in to blog, I got the November and December pictures ready to sort. Woody has read and watched football and played with the children. He and Graham attempted to do a magnet experiment to help Graham get his mind off his fall. I had never watched "my" Christmas movies this year so have them running tonight...White Christmas and Holiday Inn. I'm "watching" them while I sort pictures and while I blog (my back is to the TV...but I have watched them so many times that I can "see" them just by listening).

Woody and I wish you and yours God's richest blessings in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment