Friday, January 6, 2012

Heading Back Home!

Flat Corbin is on his way back across the Mississippi...heading back to AZ. He has spent three weeks with us virtually venturing around TN via my photos. I scanned the Flat Corbin that was sent to me and made two more of him...both smaller sizes. Then I pulled up different TN photos on the computer screen and then placed one of the smaller Flat Corbins on the screen as part of the picture and then took a picture of the computer screen. Above he is on the screen crossing the Mississippi...I told you that he was crossing heading towards AZ...but in reality when I took the picture Woody and I were heading back to TN from AZ on a very foggy morning!!!! The original Flat Corbin has accompanied us around here in daily things...but in telling about TN (which this project is all about) then he did a bit of it virtually...and often in a funny way! I have him standing on the giant guitar that greets us as we come back into TN from VA. On our last trip I took the guitar's picture when we stopped at the TN Welcome Center. The picture I took showed a lot of other folk taking pictures of the guitar...so I placed one of the scanned Flat Corbins on the neck of the guitar...and it looked like the people were taking his picture. That picture gave me a way to introduce that Nashville is the Country Music Capital of the World. Yesterday I printed the photos and today I printed out facts about TN, a few brochures about things in TN, and printed out the diary that Flat Corbin "kept" while he was here. Thanks to the blog I was able to plug something in for every day that he was here and insert TN information as I went along. I gathered up all the papers, photos, the diary, etc. and Woody and I got eve;rything...including the three Flat Corbins back into the padded envelope that he arrived in and readdressed it. Then Woody took his daily walk...this time to the Post Office to mail Flat Corbin back to AZ via Priority Mail. Now when Flat Corbin arrives, 3-D Corbin and his family can make a poster of Flat Corbin's TN adventures so 3-D Corbin can make a presentation to his class. Hopefully 3-D Corbin will learn a little about his TN Aunt and Uncle's and his TN cousins' state.

Today several of the children have filtered in and out. Elijah came over first to read with Woody...but guess what he insisted on...having school!!! Fridays are my days off from school...but who could resist a little two-year-old's request!? He only did a little and then was ready to go down to Goosey. So I headed back into the sewing room and the computer to work some more on Flat Corbin's TN adventures. Pretty soon Elijah came into the sewing room and crawled up in my lap and looked at pictures on the computer for a while and then he went back to Woody. Several of pictures that I showed him were when we saw him for the first time after he was born. I thought that it would be a good introduction to the hospital environment that he will be introduced to any day now! Each time the phone from their house rings, I wonder if it is "the call!" We'll have an exciting announcement to share with all of you within the next several days! Joy and Esther came over before lunch and after lunch. They had a wonderful time playing dolls, doing some art work...and there is no telling what all. It was so sweet hearing their little voices just playing away. I told Joy that I was just about ready for a nap at one point when they were over here after lunch. And, she insisted that I was NOT as big people don't take naps! I told her that babies and small children take naps and then as they grow they stop taking naps until they grow up and get older and then they start taking naps again! I'm not sure that I convinced her...but as soon as Woody came back from his walk to the Post Office I was able to snooze...for quite a while...probably too long...but these days the philosophy around here for both of us is..."get sleep when you can!" And, now here is a picture of Flat Corbin on the guitar:






No comments:

Post a Comment