Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday Samplings

We had rather early duty next door. Our two oldest neighbor granddaughters had to cheer at one of the early Upward basketball games this morning. Woody and I took care of Esther and Elijah while Kathy took Abigail, Joy and Isaac. Graham was off helping his daddy. A bit later in the morning Woody took Elijah with him to run errands, go to the library and to the grocery store. When they got back Elijah was asleep in the car and Woody couldn't wait to lie back in his recliner. Woody hasn't hurt due to his kidney stone since yesterday morning...so he is hopeful...that is all I will say! Woody was done in so I got Elijah home and the groceries in from the car and put away. Woody has relaxed this afternoon and evening reading, watching basketball and is now watching a DVD of a World Series game. I have done some undecorating (more table surfaces (with lots of dust) coming to light!) and have talked on the phone with my sister and then got a surprise call from Erin, our oldest granddaughter. She was taking a brisk walk in Johnson City, TN to buy some food for her dorm room. Then later this afternoon I just couldn't keep my eyes open so took a nap. Now I must put forth some final effort on the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow.



I'm just glad to be able report the longest period of time for Woody to be pain free in two weeks. So far he hasn't had to take any of the medications that the doctor prescribed...one still hasn't been approved by NIH so he is glad that he hasn't needed it. He is feeling better but still rather weak and he is feeling hopeful...



(After I posted this blog I went in to read emails and Woody's Fellow/doctor has emailed and approved the other prescription...now the question is does he need it? At the moment he isn't going to take it as the pharmacy had to give him the wrong size capsule as they didn't have any that were the size that the doctor prescribed...so he will wait...unless desparate...and once again I will say...he is hopeful not to need to take it...this time.)



It's almost time for me to start trying to get reservations for our next Bethesda/NIH visit. In some ways it seems like a very long time since we were there, but in others it doesn't seem possible that four months has passed since we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment