Friday, January 20, 2012

Nostalgic Friday

At times our minds seem to spin webs of memories and that has been the sort of day it has been for me. One of the first things that I learned this morning is that one of my grammar school through high school friends is in Hospice care and has been taken off dialysis...very sad news. So while I was talking to my sister I headed in to one of our file cabinets and looked in the files of my early days in school and looked for my second grade class photo. I found that photo and found my classmate in that photo. Then while talking to my sister I started going through the files and thinking back and sharing some laughs with her. Part of those memories she doesn't have as she is seven years younger than I am. One thing that I am glad about...that I grew up in simpler times...growing up in the 50's and 60's was pretty good. I like the "Leave It To Beaver" day and age!

Woody was feeling some better yesterday, but today hasn't been the best day for him. He's still hurting. We did take care of five of the neighbor grandchildren while littlest went to his pediatrician for a check up and a weigh-in. Elijah came over to our house and spent some alone time with Goosey and I stayed over at their house with the bigger kids. They did come over toward that end of the time and rejoined us. I played around with my point-and-shoot camera. Found a setting that I really hadn't tried out before. Good subjects to try out camera settings! This evening I made potato soup which hit the spot for Woody. He said that it was the first thing that had appealed to him to eat today and that it tasted good. Potato soup = good comfort food.

I asked Woody when he thought that he might consider going to the doctor and said in a few weeks...in other words...when we once again head Maryland and NIH way.

1 comment:

  1. Tell him to watch for a fever. That's what got Gregg in trouble with his last kidney stone.

    ReplyDelete