Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lookin' at Wednesday!

It's been an interesting day...I guess. Woody woke up early due to his kidney stone pain and went downstairs to his recliner and turned on early morning news. I got up and got ready to head out as I had my six-month check-in with my primary care physician. It takes 45 minutes to get there so we started out a little before eight as my appointment was at nine and we have to travel through quite a few school zones. We got there in good time...just a bit early for me to go in and find out that the doctor had had an emergency to tend to and that it would be at least a 45 minute wait. Since we had come all the way from Tullahoma we wanted to stick it out and not reschedule the appointment. It was more than an hour till she got to the office, but she had left blood work orders...so my blood was drawn and the nurse had weighed me and asked me all pertinent questions prior to the doctor's arrival. I think that I was the first patient seen when she did get there. While I was sitting in the office, the doctor filled out the latest form from the insurance company. It was the third form that she had had to submit to them. But she "thinks" that this one was going to get the ok for my medication that so far had been denied. She said that she can tell by the questions that they ask if it is going to be approved and she was pretty sure that what she was having to answer was going to get the job done. Here's "hoping!" The doctor's office will call when they get the final approval (note my optimism by that last statement!). On the way home we stopped at a barbeque place and bought a pound of pulled pork. Yum...boy did that smell good when Woody brought it into the car...especially since I had been fasting since the night before. I will confess to eating a bite before we got home...really before we pulled out of the parking lot! We got home just a little before 11:30...so my doctor trek took around 3 1/2 hours total...not too long considering. We had pulled pork sandwiches in pita bread for lunch. Very good!

After lunch, I went to the church library for a work afternoon. Once again three of us got quite a lot accomplished. Woody rested while I was away. He has taken it quite easy today...except for driving me over to McMinnville for my doctor appointment. When I got home from the library, I was in need of a rest (still feeling the effects of not having my medication for five days). I sat and watched a little TV and then went upstairs to flop on the bed as my back was hurting quite badly. Well, resting my back turned into resting my eyes! Before I went upstairs to rest, I put in a call to Graham, as I needed a courier. He came over and I handed him an envelope to deliver to the birthday girl...his mommy! Happy Birthday, Kathy!


No comments:

Post a Comment