Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Photo not intended to scare!

Tonight's photo is not an illustration for our happenings of the day! I managed to get this photo of Vanderbilt's LifeFlight helicopter when we were on the way out of the hospital parking lot after the children's and my first visit to meet Isaac and see their mommy on the day that Isaac was born. Nathan was driving us back home and we got the "treat" of seeing this helicopter up close and personal. All were fascinated...but Elijah (2) the most! We commented that its windows looked like a bug's eyes...and Elijah remembered that fact and talked about it for some time (I have a feeling that if asked he will still tell you about what the windows looked like...and I have another picture from the front showing both windows so he can see again both the helicopter's bug eyes!).

Well, I'm late tonight blogging because I fell asleep. My day started out much earlier than planned. I happened to wake up around 2am and realized that Woody wasn't in bed so I went looking for him. He was downstairs in the recliner...once again he had awakened uncomfortable due to his kidney stone. I'm wondering when Woody is going to decide to go to the doctor! But he claimed that soon it didn't bother him as much and hasn't the rest of the day...very much. He did look in the phonebook as to who he might call if he feels like he does need to go to a doctor. His urologist has retired so he will have to choose someone new (if he decides to!). He did go on a long version of his 4-mile walk today. His walks wear him out these days.

I forgot to report yesterday that my doctor's office called yesterday afternoon and said that my insurance company had approved (finally!) my arthritis/transverse myelitis medication. And, then our pharmacist called shortly after that to tell me, also. There will need to be some straightening out still with the insurance company about my December prescription, but January and beyond has been approved...phew! What a tangled web that seems to have turned into...but hopefully from now on it won't be a problem...except for bumping heads with them about the Dec. prescription coverage. I am so thankful that they approved this medication that helps me to have close to "normal" almost pain free days (at least tolerable pain!). I really appreciate the diligence of both the doctor and pharmacist in bringing this end result about.

We had school this morning...Elijah, Esther, Joy (reading workbook, cross stitch, and then she read a story from her school reading book to Goosey), and then Abigail (sewing...she's making a pillowcase). After I had lunch I went to the church library and another library worker and I worked there for a couple of hours. Woody went on his walk while I was gone. We have both taken it easy this evening since our day started out so early. I'm praying that Woody (and I) will get a good night's sleep tonight...that is if we haven't done too much napping this evening!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your meds finally got approved. Here's hoping they also pick up December. I hope Woody (1) feels much better soon and/or (2) goes to a doctor!!!!!! Why suffer if you don't have to? I've never had a kidney stone, but have heard they can be very painful.

    ReplyDelete