Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday Entertainment!

We provided entertainment for at least some of our neighbor grandchildren today...that is the workers who came to replace our siding provided entertainment. The siding is being replaced due to the hail storm that we had several months ago. We have had so much rain that there has been little time for them to take care of that task. Today wasn't the greatest of days to do it as it had rained in the night so it was rather mucky underfoot. The entertainment that these workers provided me was trying to keep things from crashing out of our kitchen cabinets and off from the top of our kitchen cabinets. We had several close calls...but as far as I know only one thing got broken. So now there is even a bigger mess than just my undecorating mess....dishes that we had to take out of the cabinets. I didn't do much undecorating today except for taking the Christmas additions off the top of the cabinets in the kitchen. I spent a lot of the day sorting through my photos looking for possible ones to show to a gardening club. I have been asked to do a program in a couple of months and I'm trying to go through and decide just which ones I want to show and the direction that the program might head...only time will tell on the latter which will end up making my decisions on which photos to show! At least at the moment I have tucked away a lot of my favorites and will next cull those down.

Woody is still hurting, but went about his regular Saturday morning activities. He ran errands and did our grocery shopping and also went to the library. The rest of the day he has taken it easy watching basketball and DVD's and reading.

Late this afternoon I did head into the kitchen and made a new soup...Curried Cauliflower Soup (made with roasted cauliflower...a first for me to roast cauliflower). It has a very good flavor. I'm just not overly fond of pureed soups. I like something in my soups to chew! I also peeled and cubed and cooked a few more potatoes to add to our potato soup to add more substance (more to chew!) to the milk base and to make it stretch a bit farther. I worked a bit on cleaning up the kitchen. I have also done a couple of other light household chores today, but that is about it. I am not moving really swiftly (not that I ever do these days!)...but slower than usual. Last week it was because I was going without my medication and this week it is that I managed to fall last night. I was going to look out our bedroom window to see what the weather looked like outside (we had a tornado watch) and I was just checking by looking out the window rather than looking at the radar on the computer! I should have headed toward the computer in the sewing room rather than around the end of the bed (safer)! I got my foot caught in the edge/corner of the bedspread and my feet went out from under me...klutz that I am! I landed (sat) pretty hard and also bounced off the wall with my right shoulder and then landed on my back...and broke a nail on my left hand...so probably managed to come in contact with the footboard of our bed too (very narrow space between the foot of the bed and the wall...perhaps a good thing?). I soaked in the tub for a while last night and I think that helped me not be too sore today. And, this morning I thought that I was going to not have many aches and pains...but, as the day has worn on I am feeling those aches and pains more and more. I'm ready to flop on our bed and rest my back as soon as I finish blogging. Seems like a very good excuse to do some reading...about to finish my third book for this year. Woody and I are quite a pair with all our aches and pains.

1 comment:

  1. OUCH! So sorry you are hurting so much. I remember when my youngest was less than 1 year, I was carrying him down the stairs and my feet went out from under me. I hit every step with my tailbone. My only thought was to make sure the baby didn't get hurt. I was in pain for days and that was over 30 years ago!!! Hope you feel better soon. I can't imagine what the siders are doing to endanger the stuff on your shelves. I don't recall that problem when we had aluminum siding put on our house years ago. Wow. They must be banging pretty hard.

    ReplyDelete