Saturday, May 19, 2012

40 Years Ago Today...Oh My!!!!

Forty years ago yesterday I was in the hospital with a very bad kidney infection...running a 105 temp! In the wee hours of May 19th Nathan decided that it was too hot in the oven and decided to make his appearance three weeks early! He was a scrawny little thing...only 18" long and only 5 lbs., 12 oz. There is one thing baby length and future height aren't indicative of each other! Tonight's photo shows you just how old and decrepit he has become. This is one of the fun things that we "did" to Nathan two weeks ago at his surprise 40th birthday party. Woody got up very early this morning and went on a 14 mile walk. Later in the morning he walked to the library and took a side trip to a close-by grocery store on his way back. He has mowed the front lawn and done other yard work. I have been a little more productive today than I was yesterday. I cleaned the top or our stove and have done several loads of wash including changing our bed. I sat out on the front porch for quite a while and was delighted and entertained by the bird life in our front yard. I saw a chickadee, downy woodpeckers, red headed woodpecker, blue jays, hummingbirds, robins, a cardinal (he flew right onto the porch...we were both surprised!),etc. I got several pictures that I'll be sharing eventually. I did walk around our gardens and nothing seemed to be feeling too neglected from my lack of attention yesterday! We have heard thunder rumbles, but I think that the rain went to the north of us today...yesterday it passed to our south. I was going to pull the hose to the front but didn't when I heard the rumbles. Guess I should have pulled it around. If I had watered it would have probably rained! I still haven't gotten going on any sewing projects...maybe tomorrow? I will end with a BIG Happy Birthday to Nathan! I can't believe that our younger child is 40...makes me feel rather old...guess if the shoe fits...(I will admit, though, even though I am 40 years older...I feel better today than I did 40 years ago...makes a big difference not to have a 105 deg. temp.!)

No comments:

Post a Comment