Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Pea-Pickin' Good Day!


Another beautiful day here in Middle Tennessee. This morning Graham decided that it was time to pick the first of his peas. I haven't heard but they were each hoping for at least a spoonful of peas this evening! After I took the pictures of Graham picking peas, Abigail came over and read two more chapters out of a book that has a lot of facts about birds. Then I read a couple of chapters out of a book that I am reading to her. Graham came over before Abigail left and he showed her a new game app that I had added to the iPad. I got in a cooking mode and decided to cook some chicken one of our favorite ways and then freeze it so we would have it to pull out when we need it for a meal or two or... I also "pulverized" in the blender some oregano that I had had drying. Then I cut some more and got it spread out to dry. I am really enjoying having fresh herbs to cook with...but want some dried too...and our oregano, thyme, basil and parsley are doing great at the moment. I finished the one book that we will be processing for the church library and started another. I did some necessary cleaning. This afternoon I even took a short nap. Graham and Joy came over and stayed while the rest of their family left for a while. I have plans to get back to doing some sewing...tomorrow...we'll see if tomorrow comes! Woody took a seven-mile walk early this morning. He has done some yard work and did some watering. I did the daily deadheading and pulling of weeds here and there. Woody cut back several things that I wanted cut back in one of our flower gardens. He also decided to make a different type of cole slaw. He's trying to stay away from the mayo-type due to salt in mayo. So he made one with a cooked dressing instead and left out the salt. Our doctor called him today to talk about his high blood pressure...she is going to add back in another med he has taken before. This evening after supper, we both walked to the pond that is just around the corner and down the street from us. We watched the birds come in to roost for the night. I got several good pictures of red-winged blackbirds...pictures for another blog night...thought that tonight's picture needed to be of the first pea-pickin' time for Graham.

No comments:

Post a Comment