Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday

Woody got up early and walked four miles and then shortly after lunch he walked another four and then this evening he walked to the prayer room at church. I spent quite a while on the front porch enjoying the birds again today. I took lots more pictures...imagine that! I did actually sit at my sewing machine for a while this afternoon. I am well underway creating fabric for my vest...almost have enough fabric pieces sewn together  so I can cut out one of the fronts. After I sewed for a while I made a favorite soup/stew...Shangai Pork Stew. I won't be making many more soups this season, but Woody had bought a pork loin roast and I sliced most of it into pork chops, but kept a piece of it to cut up into chunks for this recipe. After getting the stew simmering and getting the pork chops wrapped for the freezer, I was about played out for the day. My back was killing me so I headed upstairs and flopped on the bed for a while. I'm now up and still able to move! I decided to blog before heading back downstairs. Tonight's blog shows a couple of our cone flowers that have just started to open. They are really tall this year...almost as tall as me. They are just so pretty and the butterflies and bees just love them. It has been a gorgeous day here in Middle Tennessee. I talked to my sister today while I was deadheading. She told me that it is VERY hot in AZ. I hear that those temps are heading our way...supposed to be well into the 90s by the end of the week. Guess I will enjoy the cooler temps while I can. We really got a good rain last night...much easier to pull weeds today!

No comments:

Post a Comment