Friday, May 25, 2012

A Friday that has seemed like Saturday!

I don't know how many times today that I have thought it was Saturday. A little while ago woody told me that it had felt like it was Saturday to him too. Well, I guess we can look at it as having gotten an extra day this week!?! Well, whatever! We have been getting reacquainted with our neighbor grandchildren as they had been gone for about a week. Elijah went grocery shopping with Goosey (Woody) this morning. Prior to grocery shopping Woody had taken a four-mile walk. Then after he got back he took another of about a mile to deliver a wedding present. Elijah stayed and played for a while after they got back from the grocery store. He really enjoyed playing with his favorite toys in the toy closet. Abigail came over to get the mail that we had gathered for them while they were away. Then she came back and ended up helping Elijah put his toys away. Woody gave the girls a mix for whoopee pies. They made them and then invited us over to have one. They are good cooks! I did some cooking--a new recipe...a long cooking recipe...homemade marinara sauce with chicken thighs. I served that over rotini pasta...pretty tasty...the meat just fell off the bones. Isaac and I "played" together while the rest of his family went on a bike ride to visit friends who recently had a new baby. Isaac was so good and I attempted to get some pictures of him. When they got back Graham came over to our house till his supper time. It has been a pretty hot day...I believe that it got into the 90's. Nathan got the pool up and filled that we gave to Esther for her last birthday. They put it up so that the slide from their playground set goes into it. Great fun on such a hot day! Now I'm going to try not to wake up thinking that I need to get ready for church! I did remember what the date was...whether I remembered the correct day...21 years ago Melany and Wade got married...hmmmmmmmmm they got married on a Saturday...so do you suppose that is why I am confused as to what day it is this today???  Guess I am just looking for a good excuse for being confused!  Happy 21st Anniversary, Melany and Wade!

No comments:

Post a Comment