Thursday, May 24, 2012

Remembering

I'm blogging early today because Woody and I are going to a cookout tonight honoring a couple who is moving away from Tullahoma. I have spent a lot of today continuing to figure out who is who in old family photos. I am posting one this evening. This is a photo from back in the 30's of the Brigham family (my mother's side of the family) including spouses and I'm not sure who all else! I have been invited to call one of my mother's first cousins...the small child at the back and sort of center (porch area). She said that she would take photo in hand, as will I have photo in hand, and she will walk me through and tell me who most everyone is. It will be nice to talk to her and have her help IDing relatives. I have been told that if you know me that you should be able to pick out my mother. My grandfather is standing in front of the door post on the left. My grandmother is seated on the second row...the one with the whitest hair on the left side of the photo. Mother was the oldest of the Brigham cousins of her generation. And, Joan, whom I will be talking to, is the youngest of the cousins of Mother's generation. Anyway, it has been fun trying to identify as many as I can on my own before calling Joan in the days ahead. I did print out an 8x10 of this photo and it printed very well. I plan to add it to the scrapbook that Mother made for me of my heritage. I have done some more sewing today...embellishing with machine stitches today...just working on one vest front at a time. But I have created a piece of fabric (out of many pieces of fabric) that is large enough to cut out one front. Woody has taken two walks today...early a 5-mile walk and then a while ago he walked his 4-mile route. We will head out the door in a little while for the cookout. I must go get the tomatoes and onions sliced that I'm taking. Looking forward to a fun time of fellowship this evening with lots of good friends.  Oh, almost forgot...we got a check in the mail today from NIH for reimbursement for our last trip...just in time to take the next one!  I'll be making reservations next week for Woody's 4-month check-in/scans.  We will be there two-weeks from today...well, if all goes as planned we will be seeing the docs two weeks from today and then be getting on the road for the first leg of our return trip. By the way this photo was taken in Massachusetts...Sutton, MA...I believe.

1 comment: