Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday after Memorial Day

Woody has taken three walks today for which he estimates the total to be twenty miles. I have done a load of wash that is going need to be folded when I finish here. My big accomplishment for the day is getting our hotel reservations for next week's trip to NIH...a job that I dislike doing. But today there were no hassles. I was able to get reservations at the hotel near NIH at NIH patient rates for the second night and then got the hotel in Fairfax, VA for the first night. That way we can stop for the night before we get into bad rush hour traffic on our way there and just get up early the next morning and head to NIH. And then go to the close hotel after his scans, etc. on Wednesday. I also emailed the research nurse so she can preapprove our two-night stay for the travel vouchers. This time we will have to get NIH ID's reissued as ours have expired...so it will be a bit more of a hassle getting through NIH security. It is good to have the hotel reservations made...next task will be to think about what I will need to pack. I'm wondering if we might get a shower as there are thunder rumbles in the distance and the wind has picked up. The flowers surely would like a nice drink this evening. I did deadhead and weed a little this afternoon. The gardens are still looking good. (It is now pouring...just in the time that it has taken me to down (or is up) load the photos from my camera to my laptop and choose one...the heavens have opened! Plants are probably doing a happy dance!)

No comments:

Post a Comment