Saturday, May 12, 2012

"Pepper didn't want to go!"

Tonight's blog title is what Elijah told his mother when we got home from our fun afternoon. Nathan, Woody, five grandchildren and I headed over Shelbyville way midafternoon. Kathy stayed home with Isaac because he isn't feeling well. Today was the annual fund raiser for a Shelbyville crisis pregnancy center. It is held each year at a beautiful farm between Tullahoma and Shelbyville. We had yummy catfish, barbecue, chicken, and all the fixings (including hush puppies). A very good meal! At the moment I don't feel like I will need to eat for a very long time! The kids had fun playing in the jump barn, getting their faces painted, getting tattooed, riding a zip line, blowing bubbles, and riding the ponies. Pepper is the spotted pony that is riderless in the picture...and he really didn't want to go around in circles...he kept trying to stop...and kept getting in trouble by his owner! I guess Elijah was impressed by the disobedient pony since that was what he thought about first to tell his mommy! As you can see in the picture Graham, Abigail, Joy, Esther, and Elijah enjoyed their pony ride. They said that they just needed Isaac there and their family would have needed all the ponies! We took home a carry-out meal for Kathy so she is at home now enjoying her meal. Woody took an early morning seven-mile walk. Then later in the morning he walked to the library and stopped at the fruit market on the way home to get tomatoes. Woody watered some of the plants in between walks and I did some deadheading and weeding. I've about caught up with my washing. I just have one load left to transfer over to the drier and then I am done with wash for this week...good thing since this is the last day of the week! I took all the girls' dresses back next door today...all mended, pressed and ready for them to wear. Woody is playing Scrabble and I'm going to go look at the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. Rain is supposed to be on the way...hmmmmmm I think that I hear it on the roof as I type...glad that it waited till after our fun afternoon.  Our plants will be very happy to have a good rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment