Saturday, May 26, 2012

Fight with large snapping turtle...

I just wish that I had been with Woody this morning when he went on his walk! He encountered a turtle that he thought would be fun to take hone to let the children see! Well, he had found a golf club along the way and had picked it up and he used it to try to capture the turtle. They "fought" for about 15 minutes and Woody decided that he had best leave him where he found him...the only thing that he thinks he did was convince the snapping turtle not to cross the road. He said that the turtle actually snapped/bit...grabbed onto the golf club. I think that they were probably better off walking away from each other! But I do wish that I had pictures! Woody made his weekly trip to the library and then went to visit any church members who might be in the hospital. I have done a little of this and a little of that. I did some more sewing on the vest front. The children have been in and out. Woody read to Esther and Elijah for a while. Graham and Joy spent some time with me in the sewing room. The girls set up a lemonade stand and sold lemonade for a while. It was quite profitable on this hot day. I have deadheaded and watered our gardens today. Since I don't have a photo of Woody and "his" large snapping turtle, I thought that I would put a picture of Graham's robot gator that he built. It's pretty neat and snaps its jaws when something moves in front of it...like a hand or...maybe even a golf club...due to its motion sensor. It's been a nice day despite very hot temps and fairly high humidity. I mostly stayed in and enjoyed the effects of our new air conditioning units...except when I wrangled for a while with the hose! Guess you could say that this has been a day of wrangling for us...turtles and hoses...my wrangling was a bit safer than Woody's!

No comments:

Post a Comment