Friday, May 11, 2012

May Friday

My day got started out a bit slow as I didn't get the best night sleep due to really bad leg and foot cramps...in both legs no less. Hoping that they are a thing of the past for tonight's sleep! I drank more water today and ate a banana...and Woody read that dark chocolate would help...so had a bit of that too! No problem for the latter remedy! I have done some porch sitting today...working on the crossword puzzles that I didn't do while Cheryl was here...left the porch long enough to do some deadheading and weeding. Woody hung the bird feeder that Cheryl gave us...so far I haven't seen any birds partake, but did spot a squirrel getting close. My camera clicks scared him away. We saw a hummingbird hovering close to it before it made a pass at the hummingbird feeder. I also saw a blue jay stop to enjoy the suet feeder. I'm trying to finish a book before Woody goes to the library tomorrow. Today was another wash day...our bed linens this time. I just realized that I haven't remade the bed yet...guess that will be a job for me when I finish blogging. This evening I went next door for a fashion show...a trying on of dresses that I have made over the years.  They were trying to decide which dresses fit which girls...some are being worn by the third little girl at this point.  I brought back several to press them and get them ready to wear...one of them I am doing a bit of work on.  I had never been happy with it so I am working on "fixing" it!  There are two dresses that I have been disappointed in the way they turned out...and those two surfaced tonight...so I'm working to make at least one of them look better (at least to my eyes!). Elijah felt a bit left out so he tried on a couple of dresses too...and did a bit of twirling! Woody has walked, mowed, mulched some of our new flowers and watered. And, that just about sums up another pleasant May day in Middle Tennessee. Tonight's photo shows a sampling of the new plants in our gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment