Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday Doings!



Woody started out the day walking 6-miles. I got up and did the crossword puzzle first thing since we don't have a school schedule for the time being. Not long after I finished the puzzle everyone from next door arrived...very excited. The news of the day??? Drum roll!!! Isaac's umbilical cord had FINALLY fallen off...and, he just a little over 4-months...don't know why it has stayed on so long...I think that he is the winner for length of time it took to fall off for their kids. The doctor intervened when Isaac went on Monday for his well check...and two days later...voila! Elijah stayed and had a short sound lesson and then he helped Goosey and me make blueberry dump cakes for dessert for lunch. When the neighbors finished lunch we took the dump cakes and ice cream over to their back porch and enjoyed the last of last year's blueberries! After lunch I headed to the church library for our weekly work day. Woody has played a lots of Scrabble today. He has also been researching about pesty garden bugs. I did my daily walk around the flower gardens doing a little weeding and deadheading. I am about finished reading a new book that was recently bought for the church library...one of the perks for a librarian...getting to be first to read some of the books...after all someone needs to make sure that they are appropriate for a church library! This one is a very enjoyable read. It's The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club. I'm almost finished reading it and will get it to the library soon to get it processed (info for FBC and other Tullahoma readers who use FBC library!).

No comments:

Post a Comment