Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Wednesday to Wallow

Woody got up early and walked ten miles.  I was still sleeping in as I didn't get to sleep till the wee hours of the morning.  After I got up, I worked on a design that I am planning to embroider with my sewing machine.  Then I ate lunch and got ready to head to the church library.  There Donna and I wallowed once again in the check-out records...but I do think that we are making headway (at least we hope we are!).  All this record checking is leading up to taking an inventory of our books, etc...not an easy task.  Preparation ahead of time (that is what we are doing) makes all the difference in the world in the ease of doing the inventory.  We hope that we are aiding a task that is to take place on down the road.  As I left for the library around 1pm, Woody was mowing.  When I got home, he had tuna salad prepared for our supper.  Pretty much as soon as I got home I headed up to the sewing room to wallow in more dust and  "sewing debris." I am trying to go through piles of "stuff" that seems to accumulate...I'm determined to either find a home for the things in the piles or get rid of what doesn't have a home...as in throw them away.  I went through the drawers in the sewing chair that Woody's dad made for Woody's mom many years ago.  I use it for storage...there is storage under the seat and then two drawers.  The drawers are where I store some of my sewing thread...I took out each and every one of the spools and vacuumed the bottoms of the drawers.  I have four cork board squares that I use as a bulletin board.  Well, those squares can get pretty crammed with "stuff" so I took a bunch of the things down or at least consolidated some things.  Still pretty full...but better and I have the pattern directions for my vest pinned up on them...so a start to getting back to sewing!  I am now to the computer/printer part of the room...that means lots of cords on the floor...I do NOT like cords.  I have vacuumed/dusted them off the best that I can.  I am not planning on unplugging any of the computer items...afraid that they won't come back on if I do!  I am going to have to have Woody's help in vacuuming off the tables that hold the laptop and the two printers that are in here...as I don't want to move any of them very far (as in having to unplug them so I can get under them.  We'll see how that goes!  Once I get this computer end of the sewing room finished then it is go to the backside of the sewing machine cabinet and clean down that sort of "hallway" that leads to my sewing cabinet.  This is where the bookcases are...the only cleaning that the bookcases will get is dusting the tops...which means moving and dusting LOTS of photos.  Just about all the dusting that I'm doing, I'm doing with a dusting attachment on my vacuum.  Dusting with the vacuum really helps me to not get all choked up with allergies.  There's lots of stuff crammed into this not very large room...almost impossible to turn around when I have the vacuum in here with me! Woody is downstairs watching TV and I'm just about to call it quits for vacuuming/cleaning for the evening and go plop down in the recliner with a book. I have listened to some more of Vanity Fair at the times that I was doing things that didn't involve having the vacuum running.  That is a really long book...lots of big, old fashioned words in it, too.  It will take me forever to listen to all 67 chapters (and they aren't short chapters many are 45 min. long...some longer...some shorter.  It is an interesting commentary of society of Victorian times.  Sometimes I have to chuckle and sometimes I have to wonder just exactly is being talked about! Tonight's photo shows that our little crepe myrtle is blooming...this is its one and only bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment