Sunday, September 30, 2012

"On the Road Again!"

"On the Road Again" will be our theme song, once again, dark and early in the morning.  I just asked Woody if he had walked this morning.  He said, "No, but I was thinking about it.  Does that count?"  Then he added, "I may still."  We went to the early church service and then we went to Sunday School.  I taught my class today.  Woody got a reprieve as the youth met together in a large group and didn't break up into their individual classes.  We came home after Sunday School was over and had lunch.  Then I started getting back into the groove of getting ready.  I first finished up getting clothes washed and dried.  While that was happening, I started getting out the clothes that I wanted to take (that were already clean and ready to pack).  Woody had all his things in on the guest bed ready to go into the suitcase.  I added the things that were in the drier to my stack of "to pack" items and put the rest away.  Then I decided that I had time to do a little sewing.  So I sewed for a while.  My top is complete except for the hems.  My sister called while I was still sewing and while I was talking to her I realized that I hadn't gotten a reservation for Tuesday night.  So I got busy and first called our preferred hotel in Bethesda...still no rooms at the NIH patient rate.  So then I called the hotel that we have been staying in Fairfax, VA and got a reservation there.  So we are set for rooms for three nights.  The fourth night we will just stop "somewhere" along the highway on the way home.  After I got the reservation and a little more done on my top, I started putting everything into the suitcase.  So now we are packed except for toiletry items and all the cords, chargers and some camera "stuff."  But I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel and "think" that I will be ready to roll out in the morning at dark and early...without leaving anything that is too important.

Woody did just walk out the door to take a walk.

And, the good Lord willin' I'll be blogging from Orange, VA tomorrow evening.  The blogs will be pictureless till I get back since I still haven't found out a way to post photos from the iPad onto the blog.  Tonight's photo was from our October 2011 trip to NIH.  I'm hoping to see some pretty leaves.  We're starting to see color here so I'm hoping for a bit more as we travel farther north and east!


No comments:

Post a Comment