Wednesday, September 26, 2012

One Pumpkin...Cooked!

I should have gotten a picture of Woody's chosen job of the day.  He decided to cook one of the pumpkins...one from Nathan and Kathy's garden that they gave us quite a while ago.  He cut it up...scooped all the yuck and seeds out...peeled the pieces...cooked the pieces...then pureed all the cooked pieces in the food processor!  What a job.  I conveniently made myself scarce...as in heading off to the church library!  That is one messy job!  But we now have more fresh pumpkin in the freezer...mmmmmmmmmmmmm...I foresee pumpkin pies and pumpkin pudding in our future!  I'll make the pies.  Woody will make the pumpkin pudding.  The pumpkin that he used today was a very light orange on the outside, but very bright orange on the inside.

Woody got up and headed out for an eight mile walk.  It was going to be a warmer day so he headed out for an early walk once again.  It did reach 85 today...typical Fall weather...quite cool one day and the next quite warm.  I had school with Elijah, Esther, Joy and Graham this morning.  Then after lunch I headed for our work afternoon in the church library.  We did more of the same, but finally got through all the cards for books that the computer says are checked out and also matched those up with who "supposedly" has them checked out.  We have printed out lists of books of those books and the patron who we think has them and I will type up a note with the list on it for the patrons to check at home to see if they have.  So FBC, Tullahoma library users beware...you may be getting a note or an email from me in the near future...that is when I find time...hard to find sometimes!

This morning I spent more than an hour on the phone trying to get the NIH patient rate for our favorite hotel in Bethesda, MD for next week or on the computer trying to get our other favorite place to stay that is in Fairfax, VA..  But so far I haven't made the right connection with the hotel telephone workers for the Bethesda hotel in whatever part of the world (though, I will say the two that I have spoken to so far   have been easy to communicate with...just that they can't find the correct rate...so I will continue to try).  The closer one waits to the day that the room is needed the more chance they are willing to give the room for the quoted NIH rate (They'd rather get that rate than not have the room filled!)...so I will persevere for a few more days!  Next week at this time, Woody's CT's and MRI's will be behind him and we will just be waiting till the next day to meet the docs in clinic and hear the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment