Saturday, September 1, 2012

Slipping Into September

Maybe if we slip into the new month quietly it won't pass by so quickly?!?  It is just getting too close to Christmas for comfort...especially if I plan to make anything for Christmas this year.  Woody got up first this morning and it has to have been pretty early as I also got up early...a little after 4am...so not sure how much of a head-start he got on the day.  He walked eight miles.  I got up and started in on my next cleaning challenge...deeper cleaning in the family room.  I cleaned for a while and then came upstairs and read for a while and slept a bit more.  I woke up just a little before Woody headed off for his walk to the library and asked him to move his recliner out into the room so I could vacuum it and also under it.  I did that while he was at the library so his chair would be ready for him when he got back. He did walk to the library and on the way home he stopped at the fruit and vegetable market for tomatoes and apples.  I cleaned most of the morning.  After lunch I plopped in the recliner upstairs and read and rested for a while.  I was pretty worn out from my cleaning efforts...but the family room and the guest bathroom are much cleaner now!  I used the other eggplant that Woody bought the other day at the farmers' market and made Eggplant Parmesan.  This recipe is just so good and uses all fresh ingredients...fresh homegrown basil, homegrown tomatoes (this time someone else grew them as our plants have been picked pretty bare for the moment), a fresh eggplant, fresh Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese...very simple ingredients.  And, the eggplant slices are just brushed with olive oil that has minced garlic (homegrown) in it and then the eggplant slices are baked in the oven...so all-in-all pretty healthy.  Woody has watched a bit of football and a bit of baseball today.  I'm sure that he has inserted some reading and resting during the watching. I finished another book today and have started another one.  We have both worked the USA Today crossword puzzle.  He also did some yard work.  He is now watching a library DVD.  So we have had a pretty busy first day of September.  And, as September arrives, we know that there isn't much left of summer and that fall is right around the corner!  The year really is slipping away from us as September slips in!

No comments:

Post a Comment