Thursday, September 13, 2012

Plans Underway!

Today we got underway with the plans for our next trip for Woody's next check-in at NIH (National Institutes of Health) in Bethesda, MD.  Four months have just about passed since our last trip.  This time we are planning to head off a day earlier than usual and do a little sightseeing on the way.  We are planning to visit Montpelier, home of James and Dollye Madison.  This will add another presidential home to our "collection" of presidential homes that we have visited.  When we decided that we would visit Montpelier, I got to looking at their website and found out that there is a tour of the home prior to it opening to the public.  This will be an hour-and-a-half tour through the home.  I decided that I would like to see it this way so today Woody made a call to make reservations to tour the home on one of these "behind the scenes tours."  So that is all booked.  I am really looking forward to it...appeals to the history buff in me!  The next plans I made were getting a hotel room in Orange, VA.  I thought that I had been successful and then when I printed out the reservations from the laptop...well...I had reservations for a hotel in Orange, TX!  OOPS!  Well, I cancelled that reservation and made one (I hope) in Orange, VA...at least the printout says that it is Orange, VA.  I think that I was successful the second try.  If at first you don't succeed...

Woody walked ten miles this morning.  Later in the day he mowed some more on the yard.  I have continued to clean in the sewing room.  The one side of the room is now done...now to move on to the "path" behind the sewing machine.  The table that holds our laptop, printer, and some sewing needs, etc. is now dust free for at least a short time!

Tonight's photo was taken a year ago on our fifth trip of 2011 to NIH...the first week of October...same week (a year later!) as we will be heading out this year...just a little over two weeks away. Time does pass so quickly...sometimes too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment