Saturday, September 29, 2012

On The Move!

Everyone had better watch out...Isaac is on the move.  He's getting pretty good at crawling!  The girls put a tea set down on the floor and I put Isaac down on the floor and he headed straight to the tea set...and it didn't take him very long to get there either.  He had fun checking out the cup and saucer and the lid to the creamer. So the sixth of our neighbor grands is now mobile!

Woody didn't go for a walk early this morning as it was raining.  He walked a bit later once it had stopped.  He walked to the library with a stop at the fruit and veggie market on the way home.  He bought some apples...a "good for you" snack for the trip.  I got up and headed downstairs to get some things done in the kitchen that had to be done before we leave on Monday.  I stewed a chicken and also chopped up four red peppers.  Once the chicken cooled I took the meat off the bones and cut the meat into bite-sized pieces and freezer bagged them and popped them in the freezer.  I also froze the red pepper pieces. Both will be very welcome when we start making soups as the weather cools down.  Then I started in on a quick go-through of the house with the vacuum.  I made it through the downstairs before it was time to head next door to baby/kid sit for a while.  Nathan, Kathy, Graham and Abigail headed off and Goosey (Woody) and I took care of Joy, Esther, Elijah and Isaac.  Joy had a list of things that we were to do...including snacks, a diaper change, a nap for Isaac, play time for the rest, coloring time (she and Esther made a book), and the list included a lunch menu.  We pretty much did everything on the list...so Joy was happy.  Not long after we got back to the house, I headed off to WalMart for my obligatory prior to a trip visit to WalMart.  At some point I also started doing the wash that I need to do prior to the trip and worked a little more on the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow.  Woody washed the car.  Yesterday he vacuumed out the car.  So we will be heading off in a very clean car.  The whole day has passed in a whirlwind...so much to do..so little time! .  This evening I fixed us a really nice dinner.  Woody decided to treat me to "Surf 'n' Turf" so he brought home steak and lobster tails when he went grocery shopping.  I spent a while watching a couple of videos as to how to cook lobster tails...how to cut the tail and release the meat from the tail...worked pretty well.  So we dined in fine stead this evening...not our usual fare...VERY yummy.  Now I am VERY full!  Clothes are drying as I type this.  The suitcase is out...guess I will have to pack tomorrow.  I'm not used to leaving on Monday...we usually leave on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment