Monday, September 3, 2012

Laborious Labor Day

Woody had a pretty good night's sleep once he got to sleep.  Now me...well...not so great!  I woke up super early and once Woody was stirring I got busy.  Today I attacked the kitchen with a vengeance.  I took everything off the countertops and then cleaned them well and then wiped off all that goes on the counters.  I cleaned the microwave and sink, but didn't do the stove since I had done that recently (and the oven can definitely be left for another day!).  The stove top probably needed it again, but I just didn't have it in me.  I worked steadily for most of the morning.  Then had lunch and then rested for a while.  I talked to my sister and then came downstairs and fixed our supper.  We had Chunky Tomato Sauce and Italian Sausage on linguine...one of our favorites.  I then cleaned up the kitchen and left the dishwasher going and left dishes in the drainer.  I'm going to let Woody take care of putting the dishes away!  I'm tired!  We did get more rain after I blogged last night...so the plants are once again happy.  Woody walked a bit later this morning...six miles.  Later in the afternoon he ran an errand.  He also surprised me and made brownies while I was upstairs resting.  Looks like the squirrels are busy getting ready for the winter...and we still have that one pesky squirrel that likes to eat nuts right over our walkway...shells keep appearing as soon as we sweep them away...a losing cause at the moment!  Hope that everyone has had a great Labor Day 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment