Thursday, September 6, 2012

Adaptations

Woody seems to be back on his more normal schedule...sleeps soundly for quite a few hours and then wakes up and since he can't get back to sleep, he heads off on an early morning walk.  Today he walked eight miles.  He also worked on pulling weeds again today.  After lunch he ran an errand.  It seems that when I work extra hard one day that they next is sort of a day of doing not so much.  That was today.  Once I got to sleep, I had a good night's sleep.  When I got up I did a little reading, worked on my Sunday School lesson for this week...nothing too strenuous as far as being active!  Then this afternoon I set about adapting one of our favorite casseroles to a healthier version.  It calls for cream of mushroom soup so I made my own from scratch...pretty good and worked very well as a base for our tuna casserole.  I realized that we had no onions (they are on the list) so Woody went out and pulled a couple of green onions from the garden.  Then I realized that we were out of bread (recipe calls for bread crumbs on top) so I tore up a pita bread round and used that on the top of the casserole.  Anyway...all the adaptations worked out well and we enjoyed a new version of an old favorite...Company Tuna Bake (now known as Company Tuna Bake with Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup). And, Woody seems to continue to feel okay (no pain) after this latest bout with a kidney stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment