Friday, September 14, 2012

Oops! Time Got Away From Me!

I just realized that I hadn't blogged this evening...must be slipping!  Really I was just so tired that after we ate supper, I flopped down in the recliner and watched Project Runway on my iPad and read...and just realized what time it is!  Woody walked ten miles this morning (seems to be his favorite mileage lately).  Then later in the day he did our weekly grocery shopping.  I continued to clean and about did myself in today.  I pulled things out of the back corner of the room (lots of interfacing, stabilizers, etc.) and organized them.  I carried it all into our room and put it all on the bed.  I should have taken a picture of the amount on the bed.  I'm impressed that I got it back into the size space that I did.  At least it isn't overflowing in front of the bookcase the way it was.  I thought that I was going to be able to say that what cleaning that was going to get done in the sewing room was done, but as I looked back into the room I realized that I hadn't cleaned off the top of the sewing cabinet...a real dust catcher.  I was too tired to bring the step ladder upstairs so Woody brought it up a little while ago.  I'm not sure that I have it in me tonight to climb up there and take things down and dust them and then get all the dust off the top...but I really wanted to be finished in here!  I realized that I was really hurting as the afternoon went on and then realized that I had forgotten to take my morning meds...guess I found out that they definitely help (of course knew it already)!  I made a quick and easy supper using the leftover marinara sauce that we had earlier in the week...poured the sauce over chicken thighs and then cooked them in a slow oven till the meat just about falls off the bone and then serve sauce and chicken over whole wheat rotini.  Pretty yummy and it was so easy since the sauce was already prepared.  Woody made Italian Cauliflower...another of our favorites. Woody and I are both reading the same book...a biographical novel about Dolley Madison.  I read it many years ago, but wanted to read it again before we go to Montpelier.  Woody has his bookmark in his place and I have my bookmark in mine!  I will admit to taking possession of the book since last evening when I finished the book that I had been reading.  The book that I finished is part of a series and my name is on the waiting list for the next one...so biding my time till the library calls to say that it is ready for me to come pick up.

P.S. After I wrote that last sentence I climbed up on my stepladder and unloaded the decorations on top of my sewing cabinet...dusted them with the vacuum and also dusted off the top...pretty thick with dust.  I will say that this last side of the sewing room seems to have gotten a bit to my allergies...I dusted off the tops of the bookshelves and also all the picture frames that adorn the tops.  But I have not attacked the bookshelves themselves...another time!  I have had about enough of this deep cleaning.  I'm ready to do something else! The cleaning has about worn me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment