Friday, August 31, 2012

August is Just About Behind Us!

Well, here we are on the last day of August.  I got up way before Woody this morning...like around 3:30am...not good!  When I realized that I wouldn't get back to sleep, I got up and came into the sewing room and started doing some things on the laptop and discovered more things that disappeared when it was worked on several months ago.  The one folder that had disappeared was luckily on our backup...at least to what was there when I last backed up.  It was a big folder of lots of things for my sewing...info, ideas, etc. Then I got to looking at some of the things in the folder that had disappeared and realized that when the laptop was worked on and had to have everything taken off and then reloaded that all the fonts that I had downloaded prior to the problem were gone (hadn't thought about them till this morning when the documents that I had used the font on just had gibberish on the page.  Not a big deal, but still rather frustrating.  For a while I spent some time looking on the internet for some of the fonts that I had downloaded over the years...but shortly stopped that...I'll just gather as needed!  I use the fonts with my sewing software to be able to machine embroider words, monograms, etc.  And, when Abigail did her sewing notebook she chose one of those fonts to print her pages.  But those pages are already printed and in her notebook so not a big deal...just an irritation!  Now wonder when and what I'll find missing next! After Woody got up, I went downstairs and had breakfast.  Woody headed out really early and got busy on the yard.  He finished raking up leaves, sticks, acorns, and other debris from our front yard.  And, then later mowed.  I came upstairs to read and rest a bit and did close my eyes for a little while.  When I woke up I finished today's crossword puzzle on the iPad...Woody had completed a hard copy of the puzzle hours before.  After the mail arrived, I had a package to inspire me to get busy.  I had ordered some attachments for our new vacuum.  Woody headed off to do our weekly grocery shopping and I got underway trying out the new attachments.  And, kept at it till he got home from the store. (So some other spots in the house are a little cleaner!)  Then I put away the groceries.  And, then the afternoon got away from me.  I got really tired so decided to come upstairs and rest for a while and then head down to fix something for our supper...well...I just woke up a little while ago.  Woody said that I missed supper!  I guess I was just trying to make up for the sleep that I lost in the middle of the night!  Woody still doesn't think that he has passed his kidney stone, but he said that being as active as he has been today helps and that he hasn't much pain at all today.  I wonder what September has in store for us...it is looming just hours away!

No comments:

Post a Comment