Tuesday, August 7, 2012

One Bandit Caught!

I happened to look out the back door today and who should I see but this critter!  I didn't expect to be able to get his picture as I had to go upstairs to get my camera and change the lens.  I went out the front just in case he had continued on toward the front yard.  I stood for a moment and sure enough I spotted him.  But he was headed back toward the back again.  So I headed in through the house and out the back door...and he just stood there looking at me and I at him!  This is the second raccoon I have seen in the backyard...the first one was quite a bit larger than this one.

I have probably done more than I should today...but my foot is feeling some better so I attempted a few more things today.  I ended up mopping the kitchen floor twice!  I noticed last night when I came downstairs that the floor was sticky...no one will own up to it...but I know that it wasn't me and the children were away so...maybe it was the raccoon! Anyway, this morning I had Graham bring over the steam mop that we share between our two houses.  I mopped the floor and not long after Elijah dropped a peach slice on it!  You know how it is with a freshly mopped floor...it's a magnet for something to get spilled on it!  Nathan was over here and he wiped up the place where the peach met the floor.  Then this afternoon I walked downstairs and once again stuck to the floor.  This time Woody does know that he dripped/spilled watermelon juice on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!  He had attempted to wipe it up, but.............so I had Woody go get the mop back from the neighbors and I mopped the floor again. Enough with the mopping!  Graham and Joy entertained Woody for a while this morning...they played pirate and went hunting the treasure that has been hidden since sometime this past winter.  Well, today was the day that Graham and Joy found where "x" marked the spot...finally!  Woody went for a walk after lunch. I think that he went his four-mile route...but not sure and he went to the prayer room and then to another special church service this evening so I can't ask him.

No comments:

Post a Comment