Saturday, August 25, 2012

Misery Loves Company????



Woody got up and walked seven miles.  By the time that he got home he realized that he didn't feel just right. He said that it took him a while to realize what exactly the feeling that he had was turning out to be...ANOTHER kidney stone!  Well, he had about two hours of severe pain and since then has not had pain.  He's not sure just exactly where the stone is, but at this time it isn't causing him a problem...that he knows of!  I think that my sinus problems are getting better...by that I mean that the pain has migrated to a different spot.  For quite a while today I couldn't bite down on one side due to pain in a couple of teeth...but that pain seems to be moving on and becoming more a feeling of pressure in the left side of my face around my teeth, nose eye, forehead.  But definitely the pain is lessening!  So today we are a good pair.  Woody has been drinking lemon juice mixed in water as a home remedy for dissolving kidney stones!  He also has been keeping on the move as something that he read said to not just lie around.  So once the pain left him, he has worked on mowing the lawn.  At one point he came in and said that he had mowed around the pumpkin plants and that I could take some photos if I'd like.  So I went out and took a few.  The top photo shows how the pumpkin vine is just about taking over our backyard.  Then the photo on the left shows one of the baby pumpkins...you can tell the size of it by comparing it to the leaves.  The photo on the right shows one of fairly good size.  I would guess that we have at least ten at various stages of growth and color change.  These pumpkin vines are volunteers that grew from pumpkin seeds that got thrown into the compost pile.  It's a pretty good crop for no effort on our part...just part of God's plan for our backyard gardens this year!  The neighbor grandchildren are looking forward to coming to Goosey's and Grammy's pumpkin patch to choose their pumpkin this year!  I did get up and get started on the all-day task of making my mother's Boston Baked Bean recipe.  They came out of the oven just in time for supper (and went into the oven mid-morning).  The beans soaked all night.  Then I boiled them on top of the stove for 1 1/2 hours and then stirred in onions, molasses, brown sugar and other seasonings and then popped them into a slow oven and baked them for 6 hours.  Yummy!  Definitely worth the long cooking time. While they cooked Woody watched a library DVD and also the Little League National Championship...way to go TN Little Leaguers from Goodletsville!  I came upstairs with my timer set for the times that I needed to stir the beans and watched some photography teaching videos on the iPad and also worked on tomorrow's Sunday School lesson. And, as I end this I am hoping that our shared misery is about over!

No comments:

Post a Comment