Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday...all day!

I am sure that Woody got up early and walked...but I was sound asleep and didn't him arise and leave!  I can't ask him how far he walked because he is at a special service at church.  I didn't get to sleep easily last night...one reason that I was close to finishing a good book!  I did finish it, but not until after I woke up this morning.  Sometime in the wee hours of the morning, I remember Woody shutting off my light and I still had my finger in my place in the book!  I have been going through books quite quickly since my favorite spot is the recliner in our bedroom. I have already started another book. Today I have my foot in a shoe that can be laced up tightly.  That is what our doctor recommended many years ago when I had a stress fracture (early 1980's).  So I am following his direction of that time and it seems to have worked pretty well today.  I have been up and around a good part of the afternoon and early evening.  I have been working on getting our office/school room ready for the start of a new school year.  I have moved all the Montessori equipment around so I could use the vacuum to dust off the table top...just shifted and then dusted a small area and then shifted something else and dusted/vacuumed that area along with the equipment.  I had Woody bring in a folding chair and I was able to sit for a good part of this job. I will admit that I am tired and the room still isn't ready...but much closer and much cleaner! I'm waiting to hear from Kathy as to whether we are starting in the morning or not...at one time we were, but I'm not sure if that is still the case!  Hopefully we will be able to walk in the room if it does start! I went downstairs a little while ago and there is evidence that Woody made some more pickle relish today.

No comments:

Post a Comment