Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ahhhhh Memories!

Since this year pretty much all I have is memories of past Olympics,  I decided to look at the pictures that I took when Woody and I went to the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.  This was predigital camera so last night I decided to see what would happen if I scanned some of them onto my computer.  I then played around with my photo software and cropped them, etc.  The bottom row are photos of Dan O'Brien warming up in preparation of throwing the discus and a couple of him throwing it.  The one in the bottom right corner is him just standing around with hands on his hips!  We were there on August 1 and that was the last day of the decathlon.  He was in first place while we watched him and he never left that place.  That night when we were watching volleyball he won the decathlon event and you should have heard the roar as the volleyball crowd cheered!  The photo that has athletes walking (2nd from left)has Jackie Joiner-Kersey (blue and white jacket) leaving the stadium after she qualified for the long jump. It was a rainy day at the start, but did clear up.  It was a full morning of track and field events, then we went to Centennial Park, and then volleyball in the evening.  I'm very happy that I can say that I have attended Olympic events in person as well as on TV!  I continue to miss being able to view the Olympics on TV this year.  I have kept up with various articles in the news and seen some still photos and have kept up with the medal count.

Woody got up early and walked eight miles.  He went to early service and then Sunday School.  I stayed home nursing my foot...beginning to think that I do have a stress fracture...so limiting the amount of walking I do.  I have read, worked crossword puzzles on my iPad, played some solitaire on my iPad, slept, read some more, etc.!  Woody had a deacon's meeting this afternoon.  And, he just got home from the evening service. (Clicking on the collage will let you see the images larger.)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you can't watch the olympics! I really enjoy them every two years. About all the sports I watch. lol

    ReplyDelete