Friday, August 17, 2012

Delightful Friday

Woody got up early and went for his usual morning walk.  He walked four miles.  Later in the morning he did our weekly grocery shopping.  I got up and headed in to the laptop as I knew that I needed to get caught up with backing up the blogs in Word documents.  I hadn't done it in a while and last night the blog site was acting really funny...even telling me that it didn't recognize a blog with address wdorrell.blogspot.  That message was a little concerning as I don't want to lose all the blogs that I have posted...since I use the posts as a diary/memory jogger!  After I did that for a while...it starts getting mesmerizing and either puts me to sleep after a while or I start making mistakes in the numbering!  So I got a month or two done and then I quit and started getting ready for my afternoon plans.  Three friends and I had made plans several weeks ago to have lunch together.  Three of us were heading to the fourth friend's house.  We met at the church and then rode to her house together.  She lives on Normandy Lake in Manchester.  And, it was a delightful day to head there.  We all commented that we could tell that Fall is in the air.  We ate lunch in her sunroom and watched the birds have their lunch.  The goldfinches were in abundance.  And, of course, I had my camera so I managed to get several photos of those delightfully colored birds.  We had a great time together...as we always do! We always leave each other saying that we need to get together more often, but not always easy with each of us having busy schedules.  It seems that it is harder for us all to get together now as retirees than when we worked and had children at home!  Such are the times!  I came home and copied a few more blog entries and then got so sleepy that I went into our bedroom and plopped in the recliner...and, in no time I was sound asleep.  I thought that I wouldn't have a nap today since I got back home after my usual "nap time," but guess a nap is written into my afternoons these days no matter what the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment