Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Aiming Toward "Normal!"

I'm trying to get back to "normal"...whatever "normal" is!  I have had school with all five little scholars and even cooked our supper. My foot is ever so much better.  Today for the first time I find myself walking normally and not favoring the hurt foot.  I still have my foot secured with my shoe laced up tightly.  I did have a short rest this afternoon.  I sat down to read and I don't think that I even picked up the book before I was asleep!  The iPad woke me up with a beeping sound...it was telling me that two planes had collided on the runway at the Nashville airport (no injuries reported).  I guess that my short snooze proved a power nap as after being so rudely awakened I did read for a while.  Then I got an inspiration about something to cook for tonight.  So I have made an adaption of a baked ziti recipe.  It just came out of the oven and we haven't tasted it yet...but if looks can be the judge...then it should be good!  While I cooked, I listened to The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin on my iPad.  Woody walked to the prayer room earlier and we will eat after he gets home.  He also walked to the pharmacy after lunch to pick up some prescriptions for the two of us.  Finally my insurance has kicked in and today bore a little of the brunt of the cost of my prescriptions. Plus one of my prescriptions has gone generic and that helped too.  Woody also did a bit of mowing today...and of course has read, worked a crossword puzzle, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment