Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Goals

Woody got up early and walked seven miles.  Then later in the morning he walked to the library and on the way back home he stopped at the fruit and vegetable market.  He has also mowed some today.  My goal of the day was to get back to the cleaning that I had started before I hurt my foot. So today I decided to start with something that was pretty easy...the stair case.  That meant vacuuming the stairs, using the dusting attachment on the woodwork and then taking all the samplers down and giving them a good dusting.  The major job was getting the samplers back up and hanging straight once again.  I used the laser level to attempt to get them straight.  They will be straight till the next sonic boom!  We haven't had a sonic boom in a while...straightening the samplers is an invitation for one of those planes to fly over and shake the whole house! (The samplers represent a time in my life when I was doing a LOT of needlework...now I rarely pick up a needle unless it is to hem something or sew on a button, etc...maybe one of these days I'll get back to my needlework once again..there's plenty of it around here to do!)  I have done a lot of reading and resting while accomplishing my task of the day, though I have managed to get through the day without a nap.  I have also managed to wash a load of clothes and get them in the drier...now to get them out and put away!  I seem to be moving back a little closer to normal.  Woody has watched a library DVD and I also heard a baseball game on the TV at some point this afternoon and he has worked his daily crossword puzzle and I'm sure he has read some too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment