Saturday, August 11, 2012

Two Years Ago Today




Two years ago today we were bidding farewell to NIH after Woody's three + week hospital (July 18 to August 11, 2010) stay AND Woody looked like the above photo!  I'm so glad that we are can look back on that long hospitalization and see such positive results two years later!  It definitely makes all that he went through worth it!

Woody got up early this morning and walked six miles.  A bit later in the morning he made his weekly trip to the library.  He has also done some mowing on our lawn today, too.  A bit different day than two years ago when we spent 12 hours either on the road or in the sky on our way back to TN!  I spent part of the morning looking back over past blogs from that three-week time in Bethesda.  I'm so glad to have the blogs to be able to look back on and refresh my memory as to just exactly what happened...if we didn't have those, I think that it would all be just sort of a blur!  I am still taking it easy...pretty much stay in one place once I settle!  I have read, typed some recipes onto my iPad, played solitaire, talked to my sister on the phone, etc. I have done nothing that made me exert much effort.  Trying to not take any chances with my foot since it seems to be on the mend.

1 comment: