Thursday, August 2, 2012

Enough is Enough!

Woody got up early and went for a six-mile walk.  I had a really rough night which meant that Woody did too as he was trying to help me get more comfortable.  I don't know what or how I did whatever I have done to my foot...but my left foot is causing me quite a bit of pain.  I'm hoping that it isn't a stress fracture.  I finally got to sleep in the wee hours of the morning in the recliner with my foot wrapped and raised on pillows.  I have been fairly careful today...pretty much just stayed put in the recliner...with a book and my iPad close by to keep me occupied.  Things that I wanted/planned to do today kept going through my mind at the start of the day, but as the day went by I became resigned to doing pretty much nothing.  I think that I have only gone downstairs twice the whole day.  Woody has been waiting on me.  He has brought all my meals upstairs prepared with his own hands.  I'm glad at times like these that he knows his way around the kitchen!  For supper, he made us the yummiest Zucchini-Mushroom sauce that he served over linguine!  Very good!  Elijah came over after lunch and stayed a while and ended up napping over here.  There was a very bad thunderstorm last night that did a lot of damage on the other side of Tullahoma.  Lots of downed trees and limbs and power outages.  I'm not sure that all power has been restored yet.  We got some rain here and  saw lightning and heard thunder...but this time our side of town was spared from damage...as far as I have heard. Well, time to go prop my foot back up.  This just hasn't been the best week for me...just haven't felt well most of the week...due to one thing or another...enough is enough!  But for the moment I don't think that I will be winning any races...guess I'll leave those races to the Olympians!

No comments:

Post a Comment