Monday, August 20, 2012

Anything But Restful!

I've hardly had a time to sit today...a very busy day.  I quickly vacuumed the school room this morning to get it ready for the start of the school week.  Then I found out that school was going to be a bit delayed.  So continued my vacuuming downstairs.  Woody headed off on a walk.  He walked to the Post Office and back.  By the time that he got back school was underway.  Woody helped out by listening to Joy and Abigail read.  I had Elijah, Esther, Joy and Abigail for varying lengths of time.  The younger children worked with the Montessori equipment.  The older children worked on some worksheets from their homeschooling curriculum and also read to me.  That all happened before lunch.  Then we had lunch and I did manage to sit down for a little while.  I talked to my sister...finding out about her first day working at a preschool.  She had a bit of a harrowing experience when a child fell (Cheryl thinks that the child passed out due to it being so hot in AZ at this time.).  Anyway, Cheryl got broken in right away as to how quickly things can happen to little preschoolers even when you are standing right next to them! It brings back a few memories of my 27 years at Montessori!  Woody has done some yard work today.  I walked out to look at the pumpkins that we have growing in our compost pile (volunteers!).  There are quite a few...I think that we counted eight, but some may be hiding in the massive vine.  I walked around the end of the vine and was trying to get a better look at one of the pumpkins when Woody hollered "SNAKE!"  I guess I passed right by it just moments before.  After I talked with my sister I headed downstairs to make our supper.  It seemed to take me forever.  But the end results seemed to be worth the effort!  I made Sweet 'n Sour Pork.  It really was quite good!  I just got finished putting dishes in the dishwasher and food away and left the rest of the mess (dishes that can't go in the dishwasher) for Woody.  Now maybe I can go sit down and relax! Tonight's photo is a picture of one of the blooms on our very large eggplant plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment