Friday, August 3, 2012

Special Friday

Today is a very special day for a little girl who lives next door!  Esther turned five today!  She had her waffles and ice cream breakfast and pizza for lunch (her choices) with her family and four of her cousins.  We will party some more tomorrow with cake and ice cream and PRESENTS!!!!! Esther for some time has told me that I couldn't come for cake and ice cream unless I brought her a present!  I have been a bit evasive as to whether we had a present for her or not...guess she will find out tomorrow!  And, we will find out if we get cake and ice cream!

Woody got up this morning and headed out on a five-mile walk.  Later in the morning he went to the grocery store and ran a couple of errands.  I have, again, taken it easy and have stayed off my foot for most of the day...though I have walked around a bit more today than yesterday.  In a little while I plan to unwrap it and see how it feels.  I have worked on recipes today.  Woody got me a couple of notebooks that I plan to divide up some of the recipes.  The ones that I have typed into the iPad app, I will put in one and ones that we plan to try in another.  This will get some of the mess out of our large "Tried-and-True Recipe" notebook.  The ones that I am working on now have been loose in the front and back pockets of that notebook and were getting a bit unruly to go through when we wanted to find a specific recipe that we knew we had in those pockets...somewhere!  I'm not throwing out the ones that I have put into the iPad app since Woody still prefers the recipes on paper.  Anyway...it has been something that I can do and not move around a tremendous amount.  My foot (wrapped) "seems" to feel much better...I'm just hoping that it will feel pretty good unwrapped.  If not the wrap will go right back on!

I'll end this by saying a BIG  HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Esther-Noel Rose!  Goosey and I  look forward to partying down tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment