Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mid-week, Mid-month!

It seems just like yesterday that it was the middle of July.  I really do think that I am getting really old since time seems to be zooming by! Woody got up early and went for a seven mile walk.  I had school first with Elijah and spent a little longer with him since Esther was at a dentist appointment.  After he finished with school with me, he went downstairs to see Goosey (Woody).  Goosey had a job for someone who was really strong and Elijah decided to "try out" for the job!  It was using our special chopper/dicer on celery for the tuna fish salad that Woody was making.  Next I had Joy come over and we discovered the joys of math!  She was working on number places and also on money (counting and writing down amounts using a decimal point).  After she finished with her lesson, Abigail came over and we worked on her English.  Today she was learning about "telling sentences" and learning about starting the sentence with a capital letter and ending the sentence with the proper punctuation.  She also read a chapter to me in the book that she started reading to me yesterday. Then it was time for lunch and then a quick change of hats from teacher to librarian!  After lunch I headed to the church to work in the library for a couple of hours.  We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel in getting our patron list up to date.  Life is never dull in the library...never lack for a job that needs to be done!  Woody did a smidgen of yard work today and has spent the rest of his time indoors reading, puzzle solving, Bible study, etc. After getting home from the library, I took a short nap and then read for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment