Sunday, August 26, 2012

August's Last Sunday

Guess it really is getting time for pumpkins...stills seems a bit early...but we'll take them when they're ready!  Woody and I both went to the early service and then taught our respective Sunday School classes.  We came home...me to scrounge up some lunch and Woody to wait to go back to the church for his lunch.  There was a lunch for the parents of our youth and the youth Sunday School workers after the second service.  So Woody went back after the second service was over to have pizza and share Sunday School plans for the coming year with the parents.  We both seem to be feeling better.  I judge that Woody is by the fact that he made it to morning and evening services and Sunday School plus lunch at church today.  He did sleep in the recliner downstairs last night as he had discomfort lying flat in the bed.  I slept in the upstairs recliner due to my head hurting when I lie down!  Quite a pair...aren't we!?!

Now I hang my head, as I forgot something very important yesterday due to all our aches and pains.  I didn't look at the calendar...and now that we are retired I just don't keep up with the exact date as I once did.  I had thought about this very important day many times during the month...just not on the day!  So tonight I say a BIG (belated) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our oldest granddaughter, Erin.  She turned 19 yesterday.  Oh, my how times does fly!  When we talked this afternoon I asked her what she thought about this being her last teen year.  She thought maybe she would call 20, "Twenteen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment