Saturday, April 12, 2014

Apple Blossom Time

I was outside for a little while enjoying the beautiful day and took my camera/s along to snap a few pictures around Nathan and Kathy's and our yards.  This apple tree belongs to Graham.  His Aunt Melany gave it to him for his birthday when he was five.  It is definitely doing well...just covered with blooms AND bees!  Woody went to the grocery store before I got up this morning.  I got groceries put away...eventually.  Everything cold was put away first and then we both headed to the library.  There was a book at the library that I had requested and they won't let anyone but me check it out.  I ate my lunch on the front porch and read.  I was trying to get finished with one book as I need to read the ones that I have gotten that I requested...two came almost at the same time...I had been waiting for them a while and then they both show up at almost the same time.  Anyway, I just finished the one that I had been reading so now I'll start reading one of the ones that I had requested.  Woody went on a four-mile walk this afternoon.  I read some more and then decided that I needed to get going on our supper...sort of one that I made up as I went along.  I made homemade cream of chicken soup and then browned some chicken breasts, added long grain brown rice to the soup, poured that over and under the chicken, and popped all into the oven.  It cooked up really yummy...we ended up with chicken and "creamy rice" with broccoli on the side.  Tasted pretty good, if I do say so myself (sometimes after I have gone to all the effort of cooking, the results are no longer appealing to me).  While the chicken was cooking, I loaded the dishwasher and got it running and then after supper I washed the few dishes that were left over that we ate on and ones that didn't fit in the dishwasher.  Woody is downstairs watching TV.  I plan to either read or cross stitch and rest my tired back.  It has been a really nice day here...actually reached into the low 80's.  We had a storm last night shortly after I blogged so we got more rain...but by this morning all cloudiness was gone and we had a blue-sky-quite warm day. It was a warm enough day that I actually drank iced tea on the front porch rather than hot tea!  And, even though I live in the south I do not follow the stereotype...no "sweet tea" for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment