Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

Today has been a rather "crafty day" for me.  I woke up and decided to read which I did till a munchkin (Graham) came over needing change for two dollars.  They were filling eggs for their Easter egg hunt.  For their egg hunt some of the plastic eggs are filled with a coin or two, some with jelly beans (if the girls didn't eat them all!), and some have notes in them (promises of special times with either their mom or dad or perhaps a day free of chores, and extra story at bedtime, etc.).  They love these notes.  The parents put the children in charge of filling the eggs...fun time for the children and a big help to boot!  Not long after Graham left with the change, Esther came over wanting to pop the balloon that she had wrapped gluey string around last week in art.  Joy had done hers yesterday.  They really came out great!  Once Esther came over to do hers then one by one the rest came along with Elijah who hadn't done one because he was at Bible study with his mom that day.  He wanted to make one so I got things that were needed and he made one that should be ready to pop tomorrow.  While I was helping Elijah with his glue string egg, Abigail started checking things out in the school room...mainly in the craft area.  And she found the friendship bracelet loom that had been a pickle present.  She decided that she wanted to do a bracelet...well, I had never done one.  Her Aunt Melany had helped get them started before...and, I think that it was Joy that she had shown how to do it.  Anyway, we decided to give it a try.  We had written instructions, but Abigail wanted to watch a YouTube video on how to...but I wanted her to work on following written directions.  Well...it took many tries and several start-overs...and I finally, I think, understood, but Abigail still wasn't sure so I gave in on the YouTube video.  We have worked on it for several hours...and she left just a few minutes ago with one started and she "thought" that she had it.  Time will tell!   My craftiness has me to an end for the day!  I did manage to continue in the kitchen, but didn't do a lot.  Today's job was to organize one side of the pull out drawer in our freezer.  I had done the other side a while back and decided that it was time to find out what might be hidden on the other side.  For the moment I know what is in it and where things are...that will probably be short lived! Woody read Elijah a library book about trains. Elijah was VERY interested and really enjoyed listening to it...and it was quite a long book...but he took in most of the details.  Woody walked to the library to return some books...found that the library was closed for Good Friday...but hopefully they will give us credit for turning in the book as it was overdue (one of my books...oops!) and it couldn't be renewed.  On the way home he stopped at the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions for both of us.  He has done some work in the yard.  Later in the afternoon he went on his usual four-mile walk.  We are both settling in for the evening.  I'm heading to my chair and my book as I need to get these books finished.  They are both books that I had to request and might not be able to be renewed.  For some reason...no matter how good the book is lately...when I sit down to read...my eyes tend to close...and no matter what Dr. Seuss says...I CAN'T read with my eyes shut!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment