Thursday, April 3, 2014

Four-Year-Old Bliss!


I had school with Isaac and then went to find Elijah for school and found him helping Goosey (Woody).  Now if you were a four-year-old boy...which would you choose--school or helping Goosey with watering the gardens?  He chose the hose work...surprise! surprise!  But we did make a deal that he would come read to me after he had lunch and before he had screen time...which he did.  Graham and Abigail each had a time of reading out loud with me.  Then it was Esther's time to come have her long Grammy time.  She read a story out loud and then she got busy on her cross stitch.  After that it was time for lunch.  After lunch I sat out on the front porch with Woody...such a nice day.  Then we were joined by Esther and Elijah after their lunch.  The  neighbors (Nathan, Kathy and family) brought us baby Frosties!  Mmmmmmm!  As Elijah said, "this is a good way to cool off on a hot day."  Woody spent a lot of time out in the gardens today.  He got Joy's garden ready to plant some green bean seeds in.  Joy came over in the afternoon and planted the seeds.  I spent from mid afternoon till supper time in the kitchen...and I'm still not finished.  I decided that it was time to sit down so came upstairs to blog.  I roasted a chicken for our supper.  Then I sliced off the rest of the chicken and now I have the bones and some veggies slowly simmering to make some liquid gold = chicken broth.  I almost have the kitchen cleaned up from the cooking mess...dishwasher is going...and cooking pots and pans have been washed...except for the pot that the broth is simmering in.  I will go down to strain the broth and get it in the refrigerator and then put the pot to soak...don't think that I have any more dish washing energy left in me!  As soon as I get the broth put away, I look forward to coming upstairs to read and rest my weary back...and probably my eyes!  Woody went for a four-mile walk in the late afternoon before we had supper.  It has been an absolutely gorgeous day here in Middle TN!

No comments:

Post a Comment