Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What a Wednesday!

"What a day" refers to a couple of things about our day... it was an absolutely beautiful day and it was also a very busy day.  Woody started out his day with an early morning four-mile walk.  Then by 8am we were in the car heading for McMinnville.  I had my six month check-in with the doctor mainly for labwork.  That was a pretty quick appointment and then I proceeded on with Woody to run his Wednesday errands.  We stopped at the Credit Union in Manchester, then headed back to Tullahoma to run the rest of the errands.  First we stopped to buy ink cartridges for our printer, then went through a car wash (I think that was a new experience for me...rather a weird feeling when the walls start moving (or whatever started moving) making it feel like the car was moving.  After getting the car washed, we headed to Kroger to get our Wednesday Kroger deals along with our senior adult discount.  On the way home we stopped at the library so I could return a book and pick up one that I had requested for Graham. Once home we unpacked the groceries, ate a quick lunch and then I head off to work in the church library.  While I was gone, Woody hung out with Esther and Elijah.  They went on another frog hunting excursion...but were unsuccessful this time.  They were walking back from their frog journey as I came home from the library.  Joy joined them for a while over here.  Then Joy and Esther and I sat on the front porch for a while talking and looking for different kinds of birds and trying to play Joy's flute that she got in Uganda.  We fixed a quick supper.  Then I came upstairs to rest for a while and pretty soon I was awakening from what I will call a "power nap."  I went downstairs a few minutes ago to get my camera so I could download (or is it upload?) a picture for tonight's blog and it looks/sounds like Woody is also taking a "power nap."  As you can see from tonight's blog photo, things are greening up here in Middle TN!

No comments:

Post a Comment