Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Dogwood Time in Middle TN

At the moment as you drive through town or the countryside the dogwoods are very evident and absolutely beautiful.  This morning I had a friend come over to make some plans.  As she was leaving we were talking about how beautiful the dogwoods were...and I noticed that the sun was just perfect to take pictures of some dogwood blooms.  My friend said that she would be looking for the picture in the blog...well, here it is my favorite of the ones that I snapped.  I also took my camera with me when I went to the church to work in the library.  After working I wandered around and snapped several photos...future blog photo possibilities!  While I worked in the library, Woody went on his daily four-mile walk.  Woody was still on his walk when I got back.  Not long after I got home, I heard several little voices that we hadn't heard in the neighborhood for about a week.  The neighbors (Nathan, Kathy and children) had returned from their latest excursion...this time in Alabama.  They started out last week having several gigs in some schools and churches in Alabama and then rounded out their week with a side trip to the beach...their Spring Break trip!  Esther filled me in on a lot of what they did...sounds like they had a fun time.  The beach was a big topic, but also a new science center that they stopped at today on the way home was much enjoyed.  Isaac came in looking for Honk Honk (what he calls Goosey/Woody because Goosey honks at the children like a goose).  I explained that Honk Honk was on a walk so he settled for playing with blocks instead of playing with Goosey.  Abigail came over to collect the mail.  Elijah came over and headed straight for the K'nex. I was able to snap several pictures of Joy, Esther and Isaac checking out how their gardens in the backyard.  Isaac has some onions and parsley in a barrel on our back porch.  He likes HIS garden...he especially likes things if he can put "my" or "mine" in front of whatever it is!  I made a new potato recipe to go with a couple of other veggies (asparagus and cauliflower) for our supper.  The potato recipe needs some of my tweaks to make it a bit better...but I will try it again. Woody did some Wednesday Senior Savings at Kroger today when he did what has become our "Wednesday Grocery Day."  Well, it is time for me to go rest and perhaps do a little cross stitching.  I am almost finished with what I am working on.  I hadn't done cross stitch in a while and what I am doing is picking up pieces that I had left unfinished some time back and finishing them.  But I will admit that I am sort of itching to start a new piece...one of my downfalls when it comes to needlework...the love of starting something new!  But for the moment I am attempting to be "disciplined" and finish some of my UFO's...UnFinished Objects in needlework talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment