Thursday, April 24, 2014

Last April Thursday for 2014

Another beautiful day for us in Middle TN.  It was rather chilly early this morning so Woody put off his six-mile walk till this afternoon.  But it wasn't long into the morning that he was outside working in the gardens.  I had school with Isaac and then Elijah and then read on the front porch with Graham.  Abigail chose to read inside.  Then it was Esther's turn to come over for her long Grammy time.  She read one story in her school reader and then she got busy on her cross stitch book mark.  She completed one whole motif today--a rose. She's doing a great job with her cross stitching.  Today she found out that backstitch is pretty easy to do.  Next she will start stitching a bunny and then next a blue bird and then we will make it into a bookmark.  When Esther was just about four stitches from finishing the backstitch around the rose, her daddy pulled into the driveway.  He was returning from Nebraska.  He flew out early yesterday morning and was back by noon today!  He did a ministry program at a church in Omaha yesterday.  Everyone was excited to see him back home.  Woody and I ate lunch with them and heard about his trip.  Then we had a short show put on by the children.  Then Esther and I headed back over here so she could put in the last four stitches.  After lunch I got to work making our supper...well, I had really started it before school...just got going on the next step in making split pea soup.  Woody says that by definition it is as thick as pea soup...but this time it is much thinner than my pea soup usually turns out.  Still tasted like pea soup.  My sister might even have eaten this pea soup since it isn't very thick.  She wasn't fond of Mother's pea soup as it was "as thick as pea soup!"  Now, I on the other hand, really liked Mother's.  I was about done in by the time that the soup had finished it's last simmering time.  I ate a bowl and have pretty much sat in "my" chair ever since! I am hoping that my eyes will stay open so I can read for a while.  My book is due on Saturday and I don't think that I will be able to renew it so I want to get it finished.  I am going right along in it so think that it will be no problem to have it finished by the time that Woody heads off to the library on Saturday morning.  Woody is relaxing in front of the TV this evening...not sure if his eyes are staying open or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment