Thursday, April 17, 2014

"Goosey, let's go look at my onions."

This morning after Elijah had school with me, he went to find Goosey (Woody).  He found him down in the kitchen.  Elijah slipped his little hand into Goosey's hand and said, "Goosey, let's go look at my onions." And, of course Goosey didn't hesitate!  I grabbed up my camera and took this out of our sunroom window.  They're checking out Elijah's part of the garden.  Goosey had a surprise for Elijah...radishes were coming up too.  I had a normal Thursday school day.  Esther worked some more on the bookmark that she is cross stitching.  She was very pleased when she finished one of the motifs, a butterfly.  After lunch, I got back to work on my kitchen cabinets.  Well, really I started on them before school started.  I took down glassware that isn't used very often and put it in the dishwasher along with some other things from those cabinets and got the dishwasher going before school so they would be clean and ready to put back on the shelves after school.  I "just about" have all the top shelves of the cabinets on the right side of the sink finished.  There is still some extra "stuff" that I have to decide whether to keep or not, or if those shelves are the best place for the leftover items that I want to keep.  The glasses, punch cups, and other glassware that I washed today really sparkle...they are squeaky clean!  I got in the mood for a muffin that would go with supper...so found a recipe that I hadn't tried before--Bran Cheddar Muffins. The reason that I decided to try this was that when I was cleaning the cabinet over the oven where we keep cereal, crackers, cake mixes, etc., I found a box of unprocessed bran that I had forgotten we had...so when I saw this recipe that used it, I decided that it was time to use it.   By the time I got the muffins put together and into the oven and cooked a couple of pork chops my kitchen was a mess once again.  So I have been reloading the dishwasher plus doing some dishes by hand...hadn't quite finished when I decided that it was time for a break and past time for me to head up here to blog.  I am about "done in" for today!  Not much more work left in me! Woody kid-sat for a while this afternoon over at their house. Later he went on a four-mile walk, while I was still working on the cabinets and getting underway with tonight's supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment